Mourinho believes Klopp wont underestimate United

first_imgManchester United manager Jose Mourinho believes Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp wouldn’t underestimate his team when both sides meet on Sunday.The Reds host United at Anfield looking to maintain their unbeaten run in the Premier League this season, and knowing a victory against their arch rivals will see them return to the top of the league.Notwithstanding, Mourinho is of the opinion that Klopp will not be underestimating the challenge that awaits, regardless of the visitors’ inconsistent campaign so far.“I think Liverpool are obviously very, very confident but I think they are not stupid. They also know the match they have with us is difficult,” Mourinho said, according to Goal.divock origi, liverpoolReport: Origi cause Klopp injury concerns George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Divock Origi injury in today’s game against Newcastle is a cause for concern for Jurgen Klopp.Perhaps with one eye on Tuesday’s trip to Italy…“They also know that we have our weaknesses, our strengths, and I think they will respect our strengths.”“I think if they don’t do that I will be happy with that. But I think they know that the game is very difficult for them.”“They know that they need every point if they want to be champions so I think they are professionals and being professionals is respecting Manchester United. They know that we can go there and win.”last_img read more

San Diego City Council approves purchase of downtown building to house homelessservices

first_imgSan Diego City Council approves purchase of downtown building to house homeless-services center January 29, 2018 KUSI Newsroom, SAN DIEGO (KUSI) — The San Diego City Council Monday unanimously approved the purchase of a downtown building to house a homeless-services center.The council agreed to pay $7.3 million for the building at 1401 Imperial Ave. The building will eventually be known as the Housing Navigation Center for Homeless Services.Kris Michell, city deputy chief operating officer, told council members the center will end the problem of homeless people having to bounce from place to place to find services.“We will be one step closer to opening San Diego’s homeless navigation center,” she said of the building purchase.Michell said the center will offer a coordinated system pairing homeless people with specialists and organizations to help them with various needs, such as Social Security information, veterans’ services, workforce training and finding a permanent home.According to the city, the three-story building is more 26,000 square feet and is near Father Joe’s Village and next to a trolley line.The building requires no major tenant improvements and already has furniture, according to the city.City officials said community development block grants, including from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, will pay for the acquisition, which must be handled in escrow by Feb. 7.Councilman Mark Kersey, who represents District 5, said the building was a good deal in terms of cost.“We’ve been talking about this for the entire time I’ve been on the council,” Kersey said.Meanwhile, the council also approved an ordinance creating an Urban Agriculture Incentive Zone within city limits.The creation of the zone, according to city officials, will allow owners of qualifying vacant or unimproved property to contract with the city, restricting the property to small-scale agricultural uses in exchange for a reduction in their property tax.Proponents said that along with the tax benefit, local gardens will benefit communities where fresh food isn’t always available.According to the city, the ordinance will result in a property tax revenue loss of $173,673 per year.About 2,000 parcels, which can be no larger than three acres, are eligible under the program, according to the city. Posted: January 29, 2018 Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter KUSI Newsroom last_img read more

Big Bay Boom One of the most logistically complicated fireworks shows in

first_imgBig Bay Boom: One of the most logistically complicated fireworks shows in the world John Soderman, Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) — Here are the numbers regarding the Big Bay Boom Fourth of July fireworks show, one of the nation’s biggest.Over 22,000 fireworks were launched from four different barges floating in San Diego Bay to make for an eighteen-minute show. To do this, it requires 53,000 pounds of equipment for a total cost of roughly a half million dollars.The show is one the most logistically complicated fireworks displays in the world.An estimated 500,000 people lined the shores of Sam Diego Bay to take in the show.Spectators were encouraged to arrive early as parking will be limited and traffic will be heavy.MTS will run a Sunday service schedule to accommodate the large crowds.The port’s waterfront shuttle will loop around the bay, making eight stops along North Harbor Drive.There will also be special service to Harbor and Shelter Islands. July 4, 2018center_img Updated: 11:20 AM John Soderman Posted: July 4, 2018last_img read more

San Diego County receives no reported flu deaths for first week since

first_img KUSI Newsroom January 30, 2019 Posted: January 30, 2019 Categories: Health, Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – For the first time since November, the county’s Health and Human Services Agency received no reports of flu deaths last week, county health officials announced Wednesday.Lab-confirmed flu cases also fell for the second consecutive week, from 489 two weeks ago to 366 in the week of Jan. 20-26. A total of 24 people have died in San Diego County this flu season, a fraction of the 205 deaths reported at this time last year.“No flu deaths being reported and cases dropping is great news,” said Dr. Wilma Wooten, the county’s public health officer. “However, influenza is very unpredictable, so people should continue getting vaccinated since past flu seasons have extended through April and even May.”County health officials and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention strongly advise the annual flu vaccination for everyone 6 months and older, especially demographics with a heightened risk of serious complications, such as pregnant women, people older than 65 and people with chronic conditions.Flu shots are available at doctors’ offices, retail pharmacies, community clinics and the county’s public health centers. Residents can also call 211 or visit the county’s immunization program website, sdiz.com, for a list of county locations administering free vaccines. San Diego County receives no reported flu deaths for first week since November KUSI Newsroom, last_img read more

New lifeguard tower opens in South Mission Beach

first_img 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – It’s been a long time coming and now lifeguards in Mission Beach have a new tactic to help with the thousands of visitors that come out to San Diego beaches.It started as an brilliant idea 15-years ago. Let’s replace the old ‘wooden’ lifeguard tower with a shiny new one in South Mission Beach. After battling angry neighbors, lawsuits and the “Great Recession”, the tower is now complete. New lifeguard tower opens in South Mission Beach Dan Plante Dan Plante, May 24, 2019 Posted: May 24, 2019 Categories: Health, Local San Diego News FacebookTwitterlast_img read more

San Diego Superior Court jury awards Drew Brees and his wife just

first_img SAN DIEGO ( KUSI) – A San Diego Superior Court jury awarded more than $6.1 million in damages Friday to New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees and his wife in a lawsuit they filed against a La Jolla jeweler who they said sold them $15 million in diamonds at far above their actual value.Following two days of deliberations, jurors found Vahid Moradi liable for defrauding the couple by claiming to be an expert in acquiring investment- grade diamonds, several of which he sold to the Breeses between 2012 and 2016.However, when the couple took the diamonds to an independent appraiser in 2017, they were told that the diamonds were worth about $6.7 million less than they had paid, according to Brees’ attorneys.Brees, 40, was not present when the verdict was read, during which the panel awarded him $6,130,767 in damages, but did testify during the early part of the trial. Brees is currently in training camp for the 2019 NFL season.During closing arguments on Wednesday, Brees’ attorney, Andrew Kim, told jurors that Moradi claimed he was an expert in colored diamonds, and could negotiate with sellers around the world to acquire diamonds that were expected to appreciate in value.Among the most egregious examples Brees’ attorneys pointed to was a diamond ring Moradi sold the Breeses for $8.1 million that was actually worth $3.75 million.Another diamond Moradi allegedly claimed was from Europe was actually purchased from a dealer in Orange County, Kim said.Moradi’s attorney, Peter Ross, said Aldo Dinelli, a Houston-based jeweler the Breeses consulted to appraise the diamonds, was a “con man” who scammed the couple.The attorney alleged that Dinelli advised the Breeses that Moradi had scammed them, even though he did not know how much the Breeses had paid for the pieces.Ross said Dinelli informed Brees that he’d been ripped off, then offered up some diamonds of his own for Brees to purchase.“Dinelli is supposed to be an independent expert, not a competitor to (Moradi’s company) CJ Charles,” Ross said.Though Brees’ attorneys alleged that an oral agreement existed between Brees and Moradi that Moradi would secure investment-grade diamonds for Brees, Ross said that thousands of texts and emails make no mention of such an arrangement. Instead, Ross says Brees got “just what he paid for,” and that many of the diamonds were purchased as gifts for Brees’ wife, Brittany.Further, Ross said any discrepancies between what Moradi paid to obtain the diamonds and what the Breeses paid him was part of a standard markup that is commonplace within the industry to allow retailers to cover business expenses. June 21, 2019 KUSI Newsroom, KUSI Newsroom Updated: 4:42 PMcenter_img Posted: June 21, 2019 San Diego Superior Court jury awards Drew Brees and his wife just over $6.1M in damages Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitterlast_img read more

Rwanda work amazes and changes group

first_imgLiberty Bible Church Pastor Larry Rounsley was amazed by the number of people he saw walking the streets.After three flights, two layovers, a night’s sleep and a Sunday morning church service, Rounsley found himself on roads that he said best the experience of the Indiana Jones ride in Disneyland. He was on a three-hour drive from Kigali — the capital of Rwanda — to the small town of Gisenyi and he could see masses of people out his window the entire time.Rounsley — with 21 other local people and one pastor from Idaho — returned from a 17-day mission trip to the small town near Rwanda’s western border on July 4. While there, the group helped build four classrooms, got a medical clinic into working order and saw the fruits of two years of charity work from the church and six others from across the country.Their goal: to help a fraction of those masses to get back on their feet.The whole thing started two years ago when Pastor Simon Pierre Rwaramba visited Liberty Bible Church in Salmon Creek to tell his story of surviving Rwanda’s 1994 genocide. After he spoke, “We knew we had to do something,” Rounsley said.The church signed up to work with the Ndengera Foundation, a community group that Rwaramba and his wife started to help children orphaned by the genocide and the AIDS epidemic. The foundation now operates the school and medical clinic.During the trip, the 23 split into smaller crews. One spent most of the time building the school rooms. The other spent the first half of the trip getting the clinic ready and the second half treating patients.last_img read more

County home sales decline in September

first_imgClick to enlarge. Local homesellers found out in September that Clark County’s warming residential real estate market was hit by seasonal cooling.But most experts say September’s 12.6 percent drop in sales from August was just a cyclical shift. If they’re wrong, the decline could have implications on an industry just starting to see signs of recovery for construction workers and real estate brokers who generate hundreds of millions of dollars in new and existing home sales.In September alone, 431 houses changed hands. It helped boost a 4 percent increase in home sales from January through September, compared with the same period last year, although last month’s total was down from 493 houses sold in August and down from 441 houses sold in September 2011,“Last September (2011) was really strong. It was the beginning of this uptick,” said Mike Lamb, a broker with Vancouver-based Windermere Real Estate Stellar Group.A slight, 4.3 percent decline in the median selling price — half sold for more, half for less — from $204,900 in August to $195,000 in September could stall progress in the local housing industry as well, although real estate brokers don’t foresee a long-term trend.“There were probably more sales in the low price range than at the higher level,” Lamb said.Another local real estate broker called September’s home sales figures “an aberration,” when compared with how Clark County home sales have grown month-to-month and year-over-year.last_img read more

County Tea Partyers to talk ballot measures

first_imgWe the People Vancouver, a Clark County political group affiliated with the Tea Party, will host a talk about this fall’s ballot measures at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Vancouver Community Library, 901 C St.John Roberts of the Freedom Foundation will speak about many measures on the Nov. 6 general election ballot. John Charles of the Cascade Policy Institute in Portland will discuss C-Tran’s Proposition 1, which would increase sales tax in the C-Tran District by 0.1 percentage point to pay for light rail operations in Vancouver, as well as help construct a bus rapid transit system on Vancouver’s Fourth Plain corridor.Additionally, Julia Anderson, a nonpartisan candidate for Clark Public Utilities commissioner, and Adrian Cortes, a Republican legislative candidate, will talk about their campaigns.For more information, visit the group’s website: We the People — Vancouver.last_img read more

Legislators give business leaders preview at breakfast

first_imgThe 2013 legislative session will be a busy one.State lawmakers will have to come up with a plan to make sure the state’s education system is adequately funded while also working to improve the economy, legislators told Clark County business leaders Friday morning. And they’ll likely grapple with a major transportation package that will include money to replace the Interstate 5 Bridge.All nine legislators-elect from the county’s 17th, 18th and 49th districts participated in the legislative breakfast, along with 14th District Sen. Curtis King, R-Yakima. The 14th District now reaches into parts of eastern Clark County.Many of the lawmakers pointed to the importance of securing funding for the Columbia River Crossing project during the upcoming session, although some of them continued to disagree on major elements of the megaproject.State Sen. Don Benton, R-Vancouver, said he’ll be happy to support a funding proposal for the CRC this session — if the light rail line is removed from the project.“The CRC project, in my opinion, has been an absolute boondoggle from the beginning,” said Benton, who is expected to be vice chair of the Senate Transportation Committee next year. “If the light rail component comes off, then we can talk about funding for the CRC.”last_img read more